[Photo credit: Justin Lamb]
With a slew of buzzing, jangled-out tracks available on their and a music video that was by sister blog The Bay Bridged, fresh-faced newcomers are poised to become summer staples on the San Francisco bar crawl. We talk to singer/lyricist Brian DaMert about man stamps and Ellen DeGeneres.
1. “The total combined erect penis length of the three members is a solid and reliable 18.95 inches. Round up on a good day.”
2. “Sammy [the drummer] has a ‘man stamp’, the male equivalent to the ‘tramp stamp,’ located in the pelvic region just below his belly. He lost a drinking bet to a tattoo artist. Naturally, this is why his man stamp is a PBR logo.”
3. “Ashton Kutcher and Ellen DeGeneres have more Twitter followers than the entire population of Ireland, Norway and Panama. We have 20.”
1. “Gucci Mane – It’s Alive ( Feat Swizz Beats) ( Funkineven Remix). Up until two weeks ago I had never even heard a Gucci Mane song. Then my sister burned me this mixtape compiled by featuring various British bass producers and it has been on repeat ever since. I don’t know why but this song causes me to bike and drive more recklessly than usual which is bad because I don’t have a license or helmet.”
2. “Darker My Love- Post Mortem, Post Boredom. From the very start this song has straight up vibe. I’m a big enthusiast of interesting vocal effects and unique harmonies and this song has great examples of both. To me, the effects and layers a singer puts on their voice are almost as important as the part itself.”
1. “To write perfect pop songs.”